|In keeping with AXIM’s commitment to the furthering of Black Empowerment we have appointed Energy X-Ray Trading Company (Pty) Limited as the sole provider for our technical services. Energy, a self sufficient entity with the majority of its shareholding taken up by previously disadvantaged individuals, is responsible for all installations and technical services for the AXIM Group.
Also appointed as a black empowerment partner is Thabiletrade 49 (Pty) Ltd trading as Khula X-Ray & Medical. Khula X-Ray & Medical is responsible for the supply and delivery of X-Ray film and consumables to the Gauteng Provincial Hospitals as well as the North West Province and are totally self sufficient in providing excellent service to these departments.
All our warehousing, logistics and delivery services are outsourced to Ontibile Logistics.
Since inception in 1998 the company has focused on establishing an experienced engineering and sales base, both to service the existing 1450 Shimadzu and Aloka clients as well as to establish new clientele.
The company is now represented nationally in South Africa and has established outlets in all the neighbouring countries.
Our Group Chairman, Peter Goldberg, is a Chartered Accountant with a long-standing history of involvement and running of medical companies in South Africa. Peter was instrumental in setting up the first X-Ray film cutting plant in South Africa with 3M Italy.
Our Managing Director, Alan Trappitt, has over thirty years experience in the medical industry in the technical and sales environment. Alan was the Siemens Medical Engineering National Sales Manager and Acting Managing Director prior to the forming of AXIM.
Oliver Goldberg, a Director of the company, is a Chartered Accountant with 10 years experience working for Fortune 500 companies.
- Our company was formed in September 1998 and was awarded the sole distribution rights in sub-Saharan Africa for the Shimadzu and Aloka products.
- Since September 1998, we have focused on establishing an experienced engineering and sales base both to service the existing 1450 Shimadzu and Aloka clients as well as to establish new clientele.
- AXIM Group acquired Marcus Medical in 2007 and we are the sole distributor for Cook Medical and provider of interventional consumables across nine difference medical modalities. This Company also supplies surgical, disposables, instrumentation and hospital equipment. Our Group is also able to supply total hospital requirements on a turnkey project basis for the development of new clinics and hospitals.
- August 2009 saw the inception of the Nuclear Division engaged in the supply of all Nuclear Imaging equipment together with all pharmaceutical products used in molecular imaging procedures as well as Radiopharmaceutical production and quality Control equipment and consumables.
- 2011 appointed as agents for BRACCO IV contrast.
- On the 1st November 2015, AXIM was appointed the authorised distributor for Carestream Health. Carestream’s Medical Solutions include medical digital capture solutions, CR, DR laser print systems, analogue film systems as well as IT (RIS-PACS) solutions.
- Our company is now represented nationally in South Africa and we have established offices and dealers in all the neighbouring countries within sub-Saharan Africa.